Job Overview: Our client will be hiring a Principal Software Engineer/Cloud Architect with expertise building SaaS products with .Net Core and AWS services. In this role, you will work on a cloud-based central authentication platform used around the world to effortlessly and securely connect guests and residents (and all their devices) to the internet with an at-home-like Wi-Fi experience. Our platform serves a variety of use cases from hotels and multi-family residences to cruise ships and more where we provide efficient and reliable workflow. And every day millions of people benefit from the service we provide to stay connected.
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position*** 100% REMOTE is an option (U.S. candidates only). Responsibilities:
- AWS Cloud architecture: design for scaling a SaaS product, conceive and implement solutions for migrating data and logic from a monolithic SQL database to service-oriented alternatives using Firehose, S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda, Step Functions, Kinesis Analytics, and other “scale to zero” AWS offerings.
- Responsibilities include software development, architecture, and technical product ownership.
- Lead migration from Windows monolith to AWS native services.
- Mentor and collaborate with a team of 10+ Software developers.
- Expand integrations with network hardware and network service API providers, integrators and hospitality customers.
- Maintenance and technical implementation of privacy and security controls (SOC-2, GDPR, etc.).
- Collaboration: Work with other developers, product managers and our support team to design effective solutions, define requirements, work units (stories, tasks, etc.) and plan and execute together to deliver projects.
- Communication: Have and express opinions about service design, code and best practices; be a champion for decisions that will scale with our growing company and make a positive difference for ourselves, our customers and our community.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- 2+ years of Cloud architecture experience using AWS services, designing for a scaling SaaS product.
- Strong programming experience with C# and .Net Core.
- Experience using AWS for API delivery with an emphasis on using serverless-centric systems. Services like Lambda, API Gateway, ALBs, S3, CloudFront, and of course IAM, preferred.
- Experience working with HTTP and REST APIs, including a strong depth of knowledge of HTTP from both a client and server perspective.
- Cloud security knowledge.
- Experience with the concepts involved in software-defined networking, preferably with some hands-on experience with software and hardware from multiple vendors
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining medium-high velocity web and data traffic (1000’s of requests per second, not millions).