Job Details Title: Mainframe MAS Specialist – System Automation Duration: 12+ months Location: Remote Job Description
DETAILS: The major responsibilities of the MAS Specialist – SA Platform encompass service delivery and delivery systems support. These responsibilities include:
- Maintaining an Enterprise Automation platform in a steady state environment including working closely with other IBM support groups to provide solutions to technical problems;
- Administering, maintaining, and upgrading System Automation (SA) for z/OS, NetView, & internal IBM tools, e.g., OPS510.
- Advising and supporting both user and customer queries on a daily basis;
- Providing 3rd level technical support for less complex problems in an operational environment;
- Participate in inter-departmental projects;
- Recommending alternative solutions, priorities, systems hardware/software, design changes and improvements;
- Providing 24x7 support of System Automation (SA) for z/OS, NetView, & internal IBM tools, e.g., OPS510, including on-call or pager availability;
- Performing off-hours work to support customer changes;
- Managing problems to resolution using defined process flow;
- Implementing changes using defined change management protocol;
- Performing additional responsibilities as assigned;
- Implement code to increase customers SLAs;
- Create code to minimize human intervention; and
- Be willing to travel for customer KT and DR exercises if needed.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE: At least 3 years' experience in a MVS or equivalent Operational environment; At least 3 years' experience creating & maintaining System/Console Automation utilizing SA for z/OS & NetView software.
- Knowledge and expertise with SA for z/OS & NetView software. (Skill Level 3)
- Knowledge and expertise with REXX. (Skill Level 3)
- Understanding of OS/390 MVS & z/OS concepts and facilities. Understanding of MVS JCL. (Skill Level 3)
- Understanding of MVS / z/OS Operations. (Skill Level 3)
- Understanding of TSO & ISPF environments. (Skill Level 3)
- Knowledge of MPF. (Skill Level 2)
NON-TECHNICAL SKILLS: Strong teamwork skills balanced with ability to work alone. Positive attitude. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to quickly assimilate technical and non-technical information. Ability to manage time and workload.