Production Editor (Remote)
KnowledgeWorks Global Ltd.
Customer Service / Call Center
(No Timezone Provided)
KnowledgeWorks Global Ltd. (KGL) is the industry leader in transformative publishing solutions. KGL provides specialized content services and innovative technology solutions that drive revenue growth, streamline operations, and ensure editorial excellence.
KGL Vermont is currently seeking a Production Editor II to perform superior customer service and production management duties with increasing responsibility at the Production Editor level while providing direction to Production Assistants and support for the account team. This is a work-from-home position associated with our Waterbury, VT office.
A successful Production Editor II is expected to:
- For Peer Review management: monitor, track, traffic and troubleshoot manuscripts and associated materials, and coordinate with editors, peer reviewers and customer contacts to ensure smooth flow through the peer review process; also generate statistics reports (status, trends, schedule, volume) and present to customer on a regular basis
- Contact author/editorial office for missing elements or substandard materials
- For outsourced copyediting: work with team to prioritize assignments and review copyediting by freelancers, resolve queries and provide feedback as necessary
- For the occasional in-house copyediting: edit manuscript per specific journal style; resolve editing and art queries with author and editor
- Review incoming advertising materials and resolve queries/problems
- Track materials (mss, art, ads, etc.) at article and issue stages with Production Assistant support as needed; maintain pertinent internal and customer databases
- Prepare electronic files and associated materials for composition and/or imaging
- Perform pre-compile and compile duties; review author and editor corrections and revised art; clarify instructions for composition and scanning; maintain updates of issue standing matter
- Check offshore partners’ products for compliance with journal style and specifications; review article and issue revisions; review/QC image, cover and ad proofs as required; resolve basic quality concerns
- Correspond with authors, customer, offshore partner, manufacturer, online provider(s), etc, regarding schedules, special instructions, and job status
- Verify final files and complete issue release processes for print and online products
- Maintain procedural documentation and contribute to ongoing workflow refinements
- Assist in training new staff
- May carry full responsibility for a partial workflow account or a portion of a full-service account
- Serve as a resource for Production Editor(s) I and Production Assistants on account teams
- Provide production support to account team lead
- Pursue full-service workflow knowledge and responsibilities with support from team lead/Group Leader
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, and minimum of 3 years editorial/composition/publishing and customer service experience
- Organized and attentive to fine detail; must be able to balance and complete multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; professional level of phone and email skills
- Skill and experience making presentations to customers
- Able to resolve conflict in a professional manner
- Proficient computer skills, including keyboarding, file management, databases, network navigation and experience with Microsoft applications
- Cooperative with other departments and personnel, and able to maintain positive relationships with customers and global partners
- Able to meet deadlines
- Understand journal style elements and production process
- Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service
KGL Vermont offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, remote work, and a friendly work culture.
KGL is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.