Genesis10 is seeking a Remote IT Project Manager III for a leading company in Akron, OH. This is a remote 1-year contract role.Job Summary:
A Project Manager is responsible for the initiation, planning, execution, and closure of a project. They define the project, reduce it to a set of manageable tasks, create a schedule, obtain appropriate resources, and manage a team performing the work. Throughout a project, project managers monitor and mitigate project risks. For this position, the IT Project Manager is responsible for projects managed within the structure of the IT Project Management Office (IT PMO). The IT PMO provides visibility and awareness of critical capital projects across IT. Projects typically fall under IT PMO oversight when they support Corporate/Departmental KPIs, they span more than one department, or the capital OTL budget is greater than $100K.Job Duties:
- Manage projects assigned by the IT Projects Supervisor. Projects may be Business Unit facing projects or may be internal to IT. The following are project examples:
- Project to update a major software or hardware platform
- Project to become compliant with new mandatory regulations
- Project to install a major new business unit application
- Project to rollout new company driven processes where consistency and change leadership are paramount to successful implementation in a very large business unit
- Complete bi-weekly scorecard and financial report for assigned projects and report project status to IT Leadership and members of the IT Project Management Office.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business, Computer Science, or related degree. Consideration given to non-degree candidates with equivalent hands-on experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience running large projects
- Able to run projects and implement solutions involving complex requirements and multiple IT systems.
- Working knowledge of project management processes and tools
- Managed multiple stages of projects including, but not limited to, initiating a business case or project charter, creating work plans and resources plans, identifying risks, defining and implementing change management, managing costs.
- Experience managing resources assigned to complete tasks on a project
- Demonstrated driver of solutions with proven ability to collaborate with others to achieve the objectives of an assignment or project
- Basic knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- Experience facilitating meetings in support of your project
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, decision making, planning and facilitation skills
- Work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Comfortable with using standard computer software including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Teams with an aptitude for using these technologies to accomplish work assignments
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply! About Genesis10:
- Strong knowledge of IT PMO Processes and Tools
- Experience or knowledge of IT processes, applications and systems
- Experience using data analytics tools (Microsoft PowerBI experience, preferred)
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement - project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at .
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V"