Journal Production Manager (Remote)
KnowledgeWorks Global Ltd.
Customer Service / Call Center
(No Timezone Provided)
KnowledgeWorks Global Ltd. (KGL) is the industry leader in transformative publishing solutions. KGL provides specialized content services and innovative technology solutions that drive revenue growth, streamline operations, and ensure editorial excellence.
KGL Virginia is seeking an experienced Journal Production Manager to serve as a liaison between the customer and other departments within KGL, exercising independent judgment to coordinate all aspects of production for one or more journals. This is a work-from-home position associated with our Richmond, VA office.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years’ relevant journal production/editorial experience, along with superior customer service, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Interacts with the Publisher, Editor, and Editorial Board to promote the mutual interests of the authors, customer, and KGL
- Ensures that the publication(s) adhere to schedule and that the customer’s overall requirements are met
- Solely responsible for overall quality, including proof review audits; feedback to India team; management of Independent Contractors (ICs); and research and customer follow-up
- Facilitates and participates in training ICs, new editors or JPMs, and India team(s) as needed
- Solely responsible for ensuring schedule adherence, including: monitoring work being performed in India; monitoring delays from editorial/journal office; managing copyediting turnaround times; preventing manuscript and proof backlogs; and working with team leaders to ensure cross-team utilization of resources
- Oversees copyright registration process
- Responsible for billing/pricing
- Ensures consistent on-time and accurate billing
- Determines special or extra charges
- Resolves billing issues; and
- Processes pricing requests
- Provides accurate and consistent reporting of job forecast data; identifies positive / negative trends in forecast data
- Prepares reports and provides journal information to the customer as needed, and keeps leaders informed of production status and potential problems
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
This includes functions that are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a "Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+years’ journal production/editorial experience
- Excellent organizational, grammar, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement, making sound decisions based on logic and data
- Ability to identify potential problems and initiate corrective action to prevent delay, error, and/or expense
- Experience with and demonstrated aptitude for customer relationship management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- General PC skills, including a knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Editorial background strongly preferred
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- General office environment with intensive computer work and extended us of the computer keyboard and mouse
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and feel; and reach with hands and arms
KGL Virginia offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- & long-term disability, 401k with company match, PTO, and Company paid holidays.
KGL is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.